Chiropractic care is clearly useful in the situation where pain sneaks up on you and compromises your quality of life. But it can also be an extremely valuable form of ongoing treatment.From improving your mood to reducing future medical expenses, regular chiropractic care can improve your life in any number of ways.
Some facts about chiropractic care
Because of its Eastern origins, many westerners remain skeptical about the power of chiropractic care as a method of healthy ongoing treatment. So most of us opt for medication and invasive procedures.But why? Statistics and health records indicate that chiropractic care can be extremely beneficial to anyone.In fact, according to research, patients who see certified chiropractors as their primary-care provider experience a 43 percent reduction in hospital admissions, a 52 percent cut in overall pharmaceutical costs, and 43 percent fewer outpatient procedures and surgeries.In addition, 32 percent of patients report better sleep patterns immediately after treatment. That sounds like pretty good evidence and should offer reason enough for non-believers to reconsider the benefits of ongoing chiropractic care.
Incredible benefits of ongoing chiropractic treatment
The chiropractic profession bases its work on the theory that the human body is capable of restoring and healing itself, if placed under the right conditions. It’s the chiropractor’s responsibility to arrange the environment that facilitates healing and gives the patient his or her best chance for success.For a more in-depth look at the advantages of ongoing chiropractic care, let’s take a look at some of the most relevant benefits:
• Stronger immune system. It may sound strange, but research actually has shown a direct correlation between regular chiropractic care and greater immunity against disease. Dr. Ronald Pero of New York’s Preventive Medicine Institute conducted one of the most relevant studies. He tracked 107 patients who received long-term chiropractic care. When he compared them to patients who did not receive such care, Dr. Pero discovered that their immune systems were an average of 200 percent stronger.
• Decreased drug dependence. Nobody wants to take more pharmaceuticals than absolutely necessary, which is why it should be great news that ongoing chiropractic care reduces the average patient’s dependence on drugs. Specifically, chiropractic treatments have been shown to reduce pharmaceutical costs by as much as 51.8 percent.
• Fewer headaches. Many people go to chiropractors for chronic migraines and headaches, and a large portion of those patients find relief. One of the classic studies in the industry shows that around 22 percent of patients experience a 90 percent reduction of migraines (or greater) after two months of ongoing chiropractic care.
• Less chronic pain. Did you know that more than 100 million Americans suffer from chronic pain? While the root cause of such pain can be any number of things, a substantial proportion of these people experience ongoing back or neck pain. Prescription drugs and over-the-counter NSAIDs may mask the pain, but they do little to promote healing. Chiropractic care, on the other hand, can address root causes and encourage long-term health.
• Better mood. While it may not be your first inclination to visit a chiropractor when you’re depressed or ill at ease, many patients report feeling happier after this kind of treatment. It’s likely due to improvements in overall hormone balance, as well as the release of dopamine in the brain.
• Improved posture. In an age when so many people work at a desk for six, seven, or eight hours a day, it becomes vital to correct bad posture. By scheduling regular chiropractic visits, you can foster proper alignment and reduce as much as 20 to 30 pounds of pressure on your neck.
Graham Rehabilitation and Wellness Center
At Graham Rehabilitation and Wellness Center, we merge traditional chiropractic care with exercise therapy, physical medicine, massage therapy, nutritional counseling, and other fields of medicine for a comprehensive rehabilitation experience that promotes long-term strength and healing.To schedule an appointment at our top-notch Seattle facility, please contact us today!