As a naturopathic physician, I am constantly highlighting the importance of stress reduction because chronic stress has a huge impact on our mental, emotional and physical health. In addition to utilizing stress reduction techniques on a regular basis, most patients report improved energy, mood and sleep when they incorporate adaptogen herbs into their daily routine. Adaptogen herbs help by:
- Increasing our resistance to stress
- Normalizing our responses to stress
- Promoting calmness and a sense of wellbeing
Since we’re heading into the cold winter months, a great way to incorporate adaptogens in our diet is by making golden milk.
- Coconut Milk
- Gaia Herbs Golden Milk – http://www.gaiaherbs.com/products/detail/774/Golden-Milk
- Heat 1 cup of coconut milk
- Whisk in 1 teaspoon of the Gaia herbs Golden Milk powder
- Heat, stirring often, until mixture is warm
- Remove from heat and enjoy!
I recommend drinking before bed to promote relaxation and a restful sleep.