Dr. Samantha Guthrie
Seattle Primary Care Naturopath
at Graham Rehabilitation & Wellness
Dr. Samantha Guthrie is a Naturopathic primary care physician and acupuncturist offering compassionate care for you and your family. Whether you are coming in for an annual exam or a specific concern, Dr. Samantha loves working with persons of all ages using a gentle, individualized approach that focuses on prevention and treating the cause of disease. Dr. Samantha believes that the origin of disease often involves ingrained habits, behaviors, and emotions. Her goal is to provide a safe space for you to begin to uncover what is really keeping you from thriving. Dr. Samantha is passionate about empowering her patients with knowledge about their health, so that they can continue to thrive. She firmly believes that positivity and happiness are essential nutrients for our wellbeing and strives to create a fruitful, nourishing, and loving community for all.
Dr. Samantha grew up in Northeastern Pennsylvania and earned her bachelor’s degree in Biology from the University of Scranton in 2012. She then went on to study Naturopathic Medicine and East Asian Medicine at Bastyr University for 5 years. She graduated in 2018 with Doctorate of Naturopathic Medicine and Master’s of Acupuncture and East Asian Medicine degrees. She completed a 1 year residency in naturopathic primary care and acupuncture at Gaia Med in Ravenna. She also received specialty training in fertility and labor support, pregnancy, birth preparation, postpartum care, pediatrics, and chronic infections such as EBV, Lyme, and mold toxicity.
List of Services
- Annual preventative exams
- Well child exams
- Visits for specific concerns including sports injuries
- In office lab work including conventional and specialty labs for cardiometabolic, micronutrient, food intolerance, and hormonal assessment
- Injections and IV Therapy including B12 and iron
- Nutrition education and counseling
- Botanical medicine including use of herbal teas, tinctures, and supplements
- Physical medicine modalities including craniosacral therapy and visceral manipulation
- WA LNI treatment of low back pain with referral from managing provider
- Acupuncture, Cupping, and Chinese herbal medicine
- Specialty care for those wanting support with fertility, pregnancy, birth, as well as postpartum care
In the initial 60 minute visit, Dr. Samantha will gather a detailed history, perform a thorough physical exam, and collect necessary lab work–including specialty labs, urinalysis, and blood samples. Dr. Samantha will then provide treatment options which may include nutrition education, counseling, herbs, basic nutrients, homeopathy, acupuncture, conventional medications, and/or referrals for other adjunctive therapies like physical therapy and chiropractic care. Together you and Dr. Samantha will decide what treatment goals to work toward until the next visit. If time allows, acupuncture can be administered at the first visit as well.
In future 45-60 minute visits, Dr. Samantha will collect a brief history regarding changes since last visit, check in on treatment goals to help identify obstacles along the way, perform a physical exam as needed, and collect/review labs as needed. In addition, most patients receive an acupuncture treatment if scheduling a 60 minute visit.
Dr. Samantha finds balance through traveling, hiking, gardening, and reading. She also enjoys singing and playing ukulele in her spare time.