Low back pain
At Graham Rehabilitation and Wellness we use a multidisciplinary approach to accurately diagnose and treat your lower back pain. Regardless of whether your back pain is new (acute) or has been ongoing (chronic), our clinic will effectively alleviate your pain and get you on track for sustained recovery.
Utilizing a philosophy of accurately diagnosing and treating the cause of back pain rather than simply masking the symptoms of back pain, our clinic regularly achieves dramatic results. Your road to recovery starts here.
We will address your low back pain utilizing the following methods:
- Specific and gentle chiropractic adjustments to provide fast and effective pain relief.
- Instructions for home care exercises
- Massage therapy to loosen tight and tender muscles
- Cold laser therapy to reduce inflammation and pain and promote healing
- Natural herbal and nutritional supplements to assist in reducing pain and inflammation
- Physician assisted stretching to correct biomechanics and minimize muscular and ligamentous tension
- Physical medicine to implement resistance and balance type exercises
- Thousands of patients in the Seattle area have benefited from this combination of conservative care for their lower back pain. You can too!
Interesting Facts about Lower Back Pain
- Lower back pain affects 80% of the adult population at some point in their lives and accounts for more work loss and disability in the United States than any other single ailment.
- Lower back pain is the second leading reason a person will see a doctor in this country, only behind visits for the common cold. These statistics are alarming and represent a health problem that the entirety of our society faces.
- Chronic lower back has reached epidemic proportions because of poor patient education and lack of proper diagnosis and treatment of this disabling condition.
- The wait and watch approach recommended by many medical doctors leads to long term problems that are more difficult to treat. A combination of early passive and active physical care has been shown to be the most effective treatment for lower back pain.
Long Term Consequences of Bad Mechanics
Degenerative Disc and Joint DiseaseEarly studies downplayed any long term consequence of episodic lower back pain. Treatment for acute lower back pain often consisted of prescription pain medications, anti-inflammatory drugs, and muscle relaxants. This course of treatment is ineffective because the cause of pain is left untreated. Instead, the symptoms of pain are simply masked by the prescribed medications.Our clinic has seen countless patients who are frustrated with the ineffectiveness of previously prescribed treatment regimens and are searching for a new, more effective approach. If left untreated, over time the lower back just simply wears out. Often an MRI is ordered and surgeries are recommended. With a treatment approach rooted in pain management rather than structured biomechanical change, it’s no wonder low back pain accounts for the highest rate of disability and work loss in our country.Recent studies dispute the idea that episodic back pain is self-limiting and without long term consequence. It is now recognized that those who have even one episode of lower back pain are at high risk for future episodes.
Current studies have concluded that chiropractic care is the most effective primary treatment approach for both acute and chronic low back pain. The studies suggest that chiropractic care is also helpful in preventing future episodes of pain. This process of continual assessment and adaptation ensures that your health goals will be met.
At Graham Rehabilitation and Wellness, we integrate the best current research protocols for managing your pain into an individualized treatment approach tailored to you.
Journal Of The American Medical Association
It is unclear why more complex operations are increasing. It seems implausible that the number of patients with the most complex spinal pathology increased 15-fold in just 6 years. The introduction and marketing of new surgical devices and the influence of key opinion leaders may stimulate more invasive surgery, even in the absence of new indications…financial incentives to hospitals and surgeons for more complex procedures may play a role…” There is a significant difference in mean hospital costs for simple decompression versus complex surgical fusion. The cost of surgical decompression is $23,724 compared to an average of $80,888 for complex fusion.
-Deyo, et al., 2010
It should be noted that non-surgical spinal adjustment and onsite traction/decompression therapy offered at our clinic has been key in keeping hundreds of patients away from spinal surgeries at a fraction of the cost.
Graham Rehabilitation & Wellness
1215 4th Ave #1000
Seattle, WA 98161
Please let us know by filling out the form below: