Carpal Tunnel Relief in Downtown Seattle
Welcome to our Carpal Tunnel page, where we provide valuable information about carpal tunnel syndrome, its causes, symptoms, and how chiropractic care can help you find relief. At Graham Chiropractic Center in downtown Seattle, our experienced chiropractors are dedicated to understanding your carpal tunnel symptoms and providing personalized treatment plans to alleviate your discomfort.
Understanding Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Carpal tunnel syndrome is a common condition that occurs when the median nerve, which runs from the forearm to the hand, becomes compressed as it passes through the carpal tunnel in the wrist. This compression leads to various symptoms, including:
- Numbness or tingling: You may experience numbness or tingling in the thumb, index finger, middle finger, and part of the ring finger.
- Weakness: Grip strength may weaken, making it challenging to perform everyday tasks.
- Pain: Pain may radiate from the wrist to the hand or up the forearm.
- Hand clumsiness: You may find yourself dropping objects or having difficulty with fine motor skills.
Carpal Tunnel Statistics:
- Carpal Tunnel is considered the most common compressive neuropathy. 50 people per 1000 individuals have reported it.
Common Causes of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Carpal tunnel syndrome can be caused by various factors, including:
- Repetitive Hand Use: Activities that involve repetitive hand movements, such as typing, using a computer mouse, or assembly line work, can contribute to carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Wrist Position: Prolonged use of the wrist in a flexed or extended position can increase pressure on the median nerve.
- Medical Conditions: Conditions such as diabetes, arthritis, and thyroid disorders can increase the risk of carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Pregnancy: Hormonal changes during pregnancy can lead to fluid retention and increased pressure on the carpal tunnel.
Chiropractic Care for Carpal Tunnel Relief
Chiropractic care offers a non-invasive and drug-free approach to managing carpal tunnel syndrome. Our downtown Seattle chiropractors will conduct a thorough examination of your wrist, hand, and spine to determine the underlying cause of your carpal tunnel symptoms. Based on our findings, we will develop a personalized treatment plan to alleviate your discomfort and restore proper nerve function.
Common chiropractic techniques used to address carpal tunnel syndrome include:
- Wrist Adjustments: Gentle adjustments to the wrist and hand can improve joint mobility and reduce pressure on the median nerve.
- Muscle Release Techniques (MRT): MRT is a soft tissue technique that targets specific muscles and tendons to relieve tension and pressure in the carpal tunnel area.
- Ergonomic Recommendations: We will provide guidance on proper ergonomics and hand positions to prevent further aggravation of carpal tunnel symptoms.
Find Relief at Graham Chiropractic Center
If you’re experiencing carpal tunnel symptoms in downtown Seattle, our chiropractic team is here to help you find relief and restore functionality to your hands and wrists. Don’t let carpal tunnel syndrome affect your daily activities or job performance. Contact Graham Chiropractic Center today to schedule an appointment with our experienced chiropractors and take the first step towards a pain-free life.
Title: Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: Diagnosis, Management, and Challenges Authors: Muhammad Owais Khan, Amina Nadeem, et al. Source: National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) – PubMed Central (PMC) URL: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9389835/ Published: April 14, 2021