Wellness on the Weekends: Shop Fresh and Local
Farmer’s markets are a simple, enjoyable way to integrate wellness into your week. There’s no downside to shopping at a farmer’s market over a grocery store. Structured as a physical retail space, farmer’s markets feature foods sold directly by farmers to consumers, providing a fresh, local alternative to bigger name stores.Farmer’s markets showcase quality, minimally processed purchases. While a grocery store can stack and disguise bruised, sprayed, or out-of-season goods, farmer’s markets are set up in various configurations, booths, tables, and stands, all centered on showcasing the integrity of the product. In addition, grocery stores will order and display items year round, farmer’s markets boast produce as it comes into season.Farmer’s markets are committed to strengthening the small business community. Enjoy a positive, interactive community shopping space that always has something new and unexpected!
Curious what’s in season now?
Beets, cabbage, carrots, garlic, kale, bok choy, microgreens, leeks, onions, mushrooms, parsnips, yellow, purple, red, and potatoes, radish, romanesco, butternut, acorn, spaghetti, golden nugget, kuri + kabocha squash, rutabaga
Fuji, honeycrisp, pink lady, gold rush, black twig, cripps pink, + braeburn apples, pears, quince
- Consistently available household staples?
- Organic pasture-raised pork loins, chops, roasts, bacon, + sausage
- Steaks, roasts, hamburger, ribs, andouille sausage, jerky, Bratwurst + hotdogs
- Chicken, turkey, goose, liver, veal, lamb, goat, + rabbit
- Eggs, fresh nuts, grains, flours, honey, + vinegars
- Pastas, breads, pastries, frozen soup in bulk, jams, jellies, sauces, + spreads
- Beverages: raw juices, ginger and root beer, + KombuchA
- 21+ beer, wine, cider
Find the closest farmer’s market to you! Year-round farmer’s markets are nestled in the following Seattle neighborhoods:
U-District, Saturdays, 9am-2pm
Capitol Hill, Sundays, 11am-3pm
West Seattle, Sundays, 10am-2pm