If you’ve walked into a bookstore recently, I’m sure you saw an extensive selection of adult coloring books. These coloring books, however, are different from the ones you used in kindergarten because the designs are intricate and aesthetically pleasing. Here are several reasons why people are getting behind the adult coloring book craze:
- The act of coloring reduces stress and anxiety. Coloring is a way to practice mindfulness and meditation.
- Coloring allows you to be creative. Exercise that right side of your brain…it’s health promoting and allows you to express yourself.
- It is a fun, social thing to do with others. Try doing a coloring night with a group of friends.
- Coloring is an exercise of patience and attention to detail.
- You can create beautiful masterpieces as decoration or gifts. Get on the DIY bandwagon and create homemade treasures.
If you’re looking for something to do this weekend that is fun and beneficial for your health, pick up an adult coloring book! Please leave a comment below if you’ve used coloring books as a way to reduce stress and anxiety. We’d love to hear about your experience. Have a great weekend – Dr. Estrada